Monday, January 07, 2008

yesterday

Before I forget...

Two days of ear ringing...

On the second I saw Buck 65, on the third was The Go Team! who by the way, were just incredible! I've never seen a band so energetic, so crazy, so multi instrumental and still so together ever before.

There, that's better.


Yesterday, I got off my consistantly lazy ass and took josh's bike for a spin. I ended up in the Abbotsford Convent, which was a good thing because that's where I was hoping to land.

The Abbotsford Convent, was, as it's name 'hints', a convent. But on some year, some day and some moment prior to this one, the convent was saved from death by the melbourne community and transformed into a lovely gardens, artist haven, cafe, restaurant, market and on and on.

At the gates, I tied up josh's little bmx style bike and wandered the sun flavoured grounds for a while. It was very relaxing and after mentally removing everyone else there, it felt like I was back in the 1800's.

Proping myself up at a wooden picnic table I happily sipped some microbrewery beer that cost too much and dove into my sketchbook.


Last night I took Tolstoy out to the Great Britian Pub. This place has a great open mic on wednesday's and the decor is quite cool, with stripes of different victorian wallpaper and sofa's everywhere. The stage is a good size, people are supportive and the sound is great. Plus there's a basement bar that's open on the weekends where they usually play a great mix of mo town.
So, I'm reading Man and Master right now, and really enjoyed hanging out having a pint, drawn up in a bar stoole last night.

What should I do today?
Taking a number from my good friend Kachun, I'm going to start posting an image with each update. But, unlike him I will not publish each post in english and chinese. Sorry everyone.
okay, the picture wouldn't upload so...nothing today.


cheers
bebs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am gonna have mine also avaliable in japanese... in 25 years or so.