Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SUCH A GREAT DAY , I'M FEELING CAPITAL !



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVELY NAT O!!!!!!!

raaa raaaaa! I couldn't sleep last night. My day of playing with html surviving on tea and tomato sandwiches may have been a bad idea....but they're both so damn good!

soooo, I set my alarm and managed to get out of bed, got dressed and filled my thermos with more tasty tea. A very healthy start I think. I found my way to an interview to be one of those lovely street people that everyone walks by, who try desperatly to tell us about why we should donate to green peace, amnesty and other charity jazz.
I found out that those people taking your info make 14-16 dollars ah hour. Seems pretty steep for a non-profit charity organization doesn't it?

BUT! I do need money. Off I went to the longest and most enjoyable interview I've ever had. 19 people, starting with a self intro, then two seperate debates. My debate was art vs essential services, like health care and education, a stupid debate but they obviously just wanted to see how we handle situations of conflict. I jumped on the side of art and happily shot down the other side. It's been a long while since I've had a proper debate! Then! They sent us out on the street for ten minutes to see how many people we could get to answer the question of which charity they'd most likely donate to given three options. Being in the centre of melbourne's business district it was a bit tricky stopping the marching suit people. Back to the board room to fill out a nice, long application involving paragraphs of green friendly answers. I was very tempted to write jokes about being a lumberjacks and eating bear pies whilst sitting in my new dolphin skin arm chair.... but no no no... bad brendan!! Nine people were sent home and the remainders, like promissing ole me, finished it all off with a two on one interview. Thirty-five minutes of questioning and I went on my hungry way towards home.

Almost forgot! I met a very cool gal at the interview with a head full of dreds, we exchanged mobile numbers and soon will hit the streets together for some sun filled busking. Me on guitar, she on le drums.

Planning to kick it myself with some wild haired, weird hearted guitar antics I popped back out with josh's giant djemb (west africian bongo drum) strapped on my back and my six strings of love in my hand. A slight detour to hand out a few more resume's before hitting the CBD I walked into a nice little spot called Wilde Oscar's and within five minutes I got the job!!
I'm being proped up now only by elation and anxious anticipation. I start tomorrow at nine:)

Finally....a job.

And! I've made a new friend. Her name is Smipsy. I swear to you she's real, though I've never met her it's obvious we're both kooky and playful with our words, being expressive and exuberant with artistic twist. It feels very childlike to announce a new friendship so concretly, but I'm still a kid after all. I hope I never feel embarressed for my honest ways.

Two bottles of bubbles and a gorgeous thai curry a la josh to celebrate and nouvelle vague on the stereo...
goooooooo! ! !

bebs

2 comments:

smipsytalksalot said...

awuh puppy!
thats so cute!
i'm shocked that i have not frightened you..anyway i did see it that way aswell, you remind me kind of like a boy version of me. it's a beginning of a great friendship, if i come to melb, we shall cause some mischief!!!, it would be great and i can promise you false hope of food and stuffffff (:..oh yeah, i did read ALL of ur blog not just the bit about me.., congrats on the job!!!!!!!!!!
how you liking aussie?
are u sweating to death?
i was in perth.
yuck

kittenhugs

x

Anonymous said...

nice one dude!!!

i am still waiting for mine to come.

your stay in australia sounds rocking yo. well, how long you gonna stay in australia for?

smipsy, can we be friends?

kachun