Monday, January 21, 2008

a forgotten draft from 06.06.07



sooooooooooooo, everything's going well.
I've gained some of the hearing back in my left ear, with the aid of a batch of antibiotics. I need to go in to a clinic sometime next week to get some blood work done. Nothing beats a good health check. I'm also doing it so I can see if I'm able to donate blood, something I've wanted to do for years, but with a near yearly arrival of a new tattoo i've always been unable to do so.

I was asked to join my mates' band, Dirty Dan and the Seven Seas (pirate rock music...they're amazing, really) I agreed, of course, so now their stage presence is getting more and more involved, with seven members (I think) I'll be the newest addition playing the melodica, backup vox and general tom-foolery. Their playing a show tonight for another Star crossed Tattoo's showcase, where I'll be playing spectator untill we have a few practices together.

My day's, I'm starting to see, are being booked in advance and I'm starting to feel a bit pressured to keep up appearences with different people. I'm not a popular guy and I never try to pretend that I am, but my "why not" mantra to most invitations is starting to get in the way with my precious 'sitting on my ass' time, even my lovely exercise filled thursday's when I typically ride my bike and go for a hike to Lion Rock are starting to be interrupted.
After my last serious relationship, I've searched for the same feeling I had then.....but it's clearly gone. There's no one around here who could make me want to be good in everyway. So, I've developed a very selfish attitude towards relationships and any dates that I do go on.

As a warning to anyone out there whom I may meet. I may see you once....we may get along....I may tell you that it'd be great to see you again......but the truth is that I just want to spend some time with my mates, and most night's go home to my quiet flat, let the rabbit's hop about me as I sit cross legged painting a picture.

No comments: