Sunday, January 06, 2008

Grave digging ideas

I haven't updated my blog since mid october, probably because so much has happened that it's easier to let things ferment into fond memories than document them.

I landed in Western Australia and spent a month in fremantle, working any cash in hand gig I could manage and finally made my way to my sis, Steph and her boyfriend, Josh's flat in Melbourne.

Their flat is perfect for painting, with it's high sky bound window's, a fresh breeze and open atmosphere I've thrown myself back into the world of painting. I had barely painted during the last two years in Hong Kong, lacking any solid inspiration worth developing, space and time. The last effort I made was some two years ago I bought a large roll of canvas and lugged this huge role around with me all night from bar to bar, then geneously forgot it in the taxi when I was at my doorstep. Buying that roll really put my finances to the test. Losing it was clearly something that needed to happen for me to take a good long break and have a good long dwell.

For the past month, Steph and Josh have been in Ireland visiting my parents for the holidays, leaving me to my own devices here in the house. It's been lonely at times, and I only recently noticed that I talk to myself a lot when I cook and paint, but generally I've enjoyed the last month.

The highlight of December was definately the little Hong Kong reunion in Sydney. I flew to Sydney to meet Natalie and Shaun at a flat right on bondi that lovely nat had organized. Later came Adriana and La-Ra and Shaun Mohan. I've never felt too comfortable spending much time on the beach. Probably because I'm incredibly white, burn quickly and can never find where I left my towel once I take my glasses off to go swimming. Right, so this reunion involved a lot of beer and beach and felt like home, surrounded by some of my best friends, I now have a love for the beach. The Australian surf can get pretty strong and extremely fun as well.

This week I'll post some photo's of my journey across Australia, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.

Happy new year everyone.
Brendan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

its adam email me


adaminhongkong@gmail.com

Unknown said...

dude your oz ttrip sounds wicked!!!

Australia is so beautiful huh!! It sounds like you liked my home town sydney!!???

If you ever need a helping hand or somewhere to stay call my place no worries... 94526267 or my mum jenny she would help you out and show you round happily. 0412454779 0412607877 my sis... email me!!!

Ads