Saturday, August 05, 2006

Second Level of Hell

It sounds like another emo throwback album (maybe the reuniited weezer in ten years?) but it's not.

I was reading up on Dante's Inferno beacause one of my favourite books, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein or a Modern Promethius makes quite a few end note references to it, when upon a google search I found a quiz.
This quiz has been designed to let you know what your place in Dante's afterlife will be, and mine is the classy title of, THE SECOND LEVEL OF HELL.

Not bad, not bad.

Here's what the little test has to say about me according to my results.

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.


The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Second Level of Hell!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Low
Level 2 (Lustful)Very High
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Moderate
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)High
Level 7 (Violent)High
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)High
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Moderate

Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test

There were more than a few questions where I had to answer counter to what I wanted because of the wording of questions. There was one in the True or False section that stated something to the degree of, "God has all the answers".
I don't believe in God so I couldn't answer true or false, but as far as I'm aware the teachings of God swear that he is omnipitant. So of course I had to answer true. Being omnipitant is one of the characteristics or sort of qualifications of god being god.
Some of the other questions that lacked clarity dealt with sins and war. Like in the statement 'In war, the best idea is to bomb the hell out of the other country.' Well yeah that is usually the most efficient way of going about it, assuming that whomever's doing the bombing has the money to do so and assuming that the geography of the other country allows for the bombs, to provide the greatest saturation of destruction. So, I clicked the 'true' bubble. The test, I assume, took my answer as being sort of inhumane but really what the writers were posing tested whether I view war through efficient eyes or emotional.
True is efficient.
False is emotional.

Another one that bothered me asked if I repent for my sins. I don't belive in sins; morals are relative, so of course I don't repent for my sins. I'm willing to wager heavy that most pieous folk don't repent either. They regret and dwell with years of build up like a college dorm bathtub. Nothing's cleaned, only layered. Repenting is meant to cleanse but religious folk (namely the followers of western religions like christian's, baptist's, morman's and the like) don't repent at all. They busy themselves with other tasks so as to avoid guilt, and hope to god that things are sorted out later.

Alright I've obviously wasted too much time here.

My flatmates and I have downloaded and are nearly finished watching every episode of Smallville, and after so much quality Smallville time we're making a Smallville drinking game, similar to the Star Trek TNG version. Soon I shall post all the rules for drinky fun. I'm planning on experiencing the games whirlwind birth tonight.

Saturday here I come!
cheers
bebs

No comments: