Sunday, August 20, 2006

we put out fires with spades

"At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk"
weezer... good bye you hacks! ooooooo!


how oh how are you my golden friend?

Let's be mashed potatos. We'll make with the mixing, though left a little chunky, peppered and basiled and served with carrots, we're a dish. That's how I like to think we could be.

The people here are good. They know how to jive.
Two nights ago I was rockin canadian club on the rocks, moving in a jazz club, a tiny place where the players find space where ever they can. A trumpet player behind me leaning against the wall, a straight backed asian women hitting keys at my left. It was a good night. I wrote this when I sat bumping my feet against the floor.
---

Characters. Gecko's full of characters, crawling along empasso walls. Hands in pockets, fingers tracing glasses, Asahi brimming lips.

Ella, dresscoat and shoulder pads, singing. She goes down and brings up all the right notes. An old jazz tune and she's dressed in black. A good night for sure.

...The drums in a baseball cap... trumpet an old shirt, pinstripes on top. Jazz baby! They jam, We swing!

A girl moving in her seat, some guy sleeping on a couch. Too much wine, not enough rythm, that's what killed him.
This dancing girl, a real piece of candy, smiles. Gums all free, she ain't got no secrets here! We're all just a foot tap-tapping. Cheers to her good looks!

CC on the rocks hitting my teeth. I had enough for dinner but not for drinks. Shaun's been taking care of me, even when I already owe him big. Drinks and a virginia cig, freshly rolled.

Watching Jazz musicians during a solo is like watching bee's guard their winter honey. I'm up somewhere standing on a ladder watching it all happen. They're working on a good buzz and my cheeks are numbing in time.

It may be my antenna but come on boys burn my ears! I'm aching. Too much blowing and not enough sweat. That's what makes good live jazz. Bending knees, hips n' shoulders swinging and sweat!

The voice is gone and the drums are going off to somewhere wanting of a damn good time. Now it's happening! I can barely see her fingers! where are those keys!
From Cm, then with a sharp, something like D following G... I can't keep watching...black and white stripes really moving, being pulled down by hungry fish.

My rocks are water. What a drink.
---

Plans are coming!
My visa was rejected.
routes open.

cheers
bebs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ur visa was rejected?
then what will happen?
u are not allowed to work in hk anymore?