Friday, February 08, 2008

curtailing curtains and words of affection






Curtains rise on a scene. There's a long, white bar, a supposed bartender stands behind a till. A customer waits patiently on it's opposite side, having only just handed ninety dollars to the, once again, supposed bartender.
Begin!

I completly zoned out at work today, thinking of mau bau, whilst unfortunately poised at the till, with some fella's money in my hand. He interpreted my lost face and statue form as an inability to calculate his required change. Which, when I regretfully came to, I was very much incapable of performing the operation required of me. Luckily, he just laughed a lot telling me the correct amount. Being in no position to know what the hell was going on, I trusted his words and promptly handed the amount over to him. Well, nearly so... $16.60 was the destined amount. The sixteen dollars I could handle but the three twenty cent coins were in a whole other arena of higher understanding. Sixteen dollars, plus three fifty cent coins, "There you are. Sorry about that. I had a moment of relapse there." For some alien reason this fella standing across the till from me did not go away. In fact, he not only failed to go away, but was somehow under the unlawful impression that something else was funny enough to continue being exactly where he was. He chose to express this newly discovered source of humour in the form of laugher, which somehow transformed, but not entirely so, into the words, "Been in the country long?" accompanied with a forward moving hand, in which three fifty cent coins lived. The source had been discovered, rather, finally understood by mau bau distracted ole me. The curtains fell at my toes with the sound of two men chuckling. One, a dazed bartender, managing through a smile, to announce, "Actually, I have.".


Such is a moment in the life of a love filled artist.

fin

I have been day dreaming a lot about mau bau. It's so lovely.
I'm going to play CSS. I'll be right back.

That's better. Triple J, the radio station I usually listen to, started playing some atrocity, which through the graces of money and dozens of ass shaking, scantily clad women, each one looking nearly identical to their ass shaking peers, has escaped the aural refuse bin where it belongs. The need for CSS was immediate. Ho yah!

It smells like something's burning. I was just in the kitchen, noting the 'offness' of everything in it. So, it must be a neighbour's epicurian delights or my brain about to go loopy loopy love. I think that's a song title from the kiwi band, The Brunettes. They'll be playing part of the Laneway festival in a couple of weeks, along with Feist, The Stars, Broken Social Scene presents, Kevin Drew and lots of other worthy listens. I bought tickets for Steph, Josh and meeeeeeeeeeeeee ages ago, because it sells out so quickly.

What a good line from CSS, "Let's make love and listen to Death From Above."
Hey! if you like the band, Death From Above, you should check out, Kill Hannah. I've only managed to collect two of their tracks, both unlabeled, both awesome.

I feel so freaking honoured for mau bau to mention me in her blog:) wooooo! We're going to either constantly be insane together or adhere to a strict schedual of who's turn it is to be nutty butter, and who must reluctantly remain relatively composed for the outside world. If such a schedual must exist, I hope it comes in the form of pumpkin pie and vanilla icecream. This, I really hope is my first meal when I return to Canada. Plus, a giant pint of Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale. Not once has I seen it available during all my global traversing.

Fuck Yeah! It just starting pissing it down. Now I'm all wet after putting out the kiddy pool and two "specially crafted" styrofoam rain catching boxes. ho yah ho yah

These are my ideal breakup lyrics,

"So if someday we get to meet again,
In a car crash, plane wreak, or terrorist attempt
Or maybe next Thursday night,
Don't bother saying, 'hi'.
I'll be rude, I'll be rude, I'll be rude, woo-hoo!
I'll be rude, I'll be rude, I'll be rude, woo-hoo!
I'll be rude, I'll be rude, I'll be rude, woo-hoo!
Only with you! Only with you!

I really do love the sounds of CSS.

picture time everyone! be right back!
For today's images I went for the lighting that best shows my comfortable, quietly joyous disposition.

take care all

yours truly
bebs

14 comments:

smipsytalksalot said...

you are my favorite boyyyyyy bebby..i'm sorry, man.
oh so very creepy smitten with you. suppose its all good when its mutual!. you give me butterflies in my tummy, swollen knuckles and make my icecream heart melt!.

oh bebby, i wish and i wish there was an explanation, but alas all i can say is, that is just how i feel!. i suppose this is what happens when two impulsive kooky opposites sex meet with mutual interest and affection. are we insane or are we soul mates?, suppose time will tell!, bite my hand and lets find out..

i want to be insane with you, i want no full stop, i want no control! no pause!. paha!, if there had to be turns, oh i would sit there and watch you smitten.

love the break up lyrics.

if we fell madly in love and for some stupid reason broke up, lets bash that song down each other's throat..you know hurt each other more!. so petty and fun!

think your ever so lovely my bebby.

i adore you gau bau.

talkies to shower sink tomorrow.

your mau bau,
xxxxxxxxx

smipsytalksalot said...

scantily clad women
!!!!!!!
hahahahha!
i love how you can differentiate between trash and class.
i was going to pout but would never admit that i'm jealous.
x

smipsytalksalot said...

now
i'm missing you!
lets play in a play pen, bite each other's knees and sit around in diapers and suck on pacifiers.

xxx

smipsytalksalot said...

that was so so cute
you better remember it
ngoh oi lei
:)
xx

smipsytalksalot said...

oh baby

"no no no
oh you and your beh tzou
oh you and your pudding
get a room!"

i said that previously

oh you and your mau bau
get a room!!!!!!!!!!!

im SOOOOOO glad you remembered
talkies to you soon my loveeeeeerr!!!!!!
so piss excited.
ngoh oi lei gau bau
xxx!
yourss!!!!!
smipsy

smipsytalksalot said...

whats strange is that
you are everything i wanted and need
xxx

smipsytalksalot said...

oh babybebbyyyyy
now i'm missing you!
:(:(
i called ur phone and laughed at your answering machine yet again.
i loved your canto pick up lines.
do you have a boyfriend?
i want to get married!
how did you know we asian women dream of those lines.
i just came homeeeeeeeeeeee
i got you something!, better pretend you like it.
i love you
missing you makes me angry and topsy turvy.
xxxxxxxxxx!!!!
i agree with that song
you belong to me.
:(

smipsytalksalot said...

baBYBABY
LOOK MY maC capSlock IS ActinG UP
are YOU madly In lOVE!
i bET YOu ARe
LOOK AT these sexy stiCKY capS
BahAHah
weEeeWeEeEHUUUUU
IIII LOVeEEEEEEEEE yOUUuuuuu
'NOGH sung keep fun AH!!'
HahAHahAHahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
HOW many girLS Have YOU PRoPOsed TOO!!
i miss yoU bebbycupcAKe
THErefORe I HavE loST my MIND
bONKERS boNkers
xxxxxxxxxxxxXxXXX

smipsytalksalot said...

SMERFY FOR BEBBY
bebbsy for smipsy

ooo its back to normal
i neeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd your army of kisses and you need my bouquet of slaps.

oh darling
i have lost my mind,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

smipsytalksalot said...

i love you heaps lot
i cannot keep with these foreign feelings
oh hold me
i'm losing it!
x

smipsytalksalot said...

i love spamming your blogger
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh my puppy gau bau
mau bau misses you so!!!!

smipsytalksalot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smipsytalksalot said...

oh YEAH
when your PHONE CUT OFF, You where telling me that you need to pee, so i'm like, 'peeee!!!!' and it cut off, hahaha. is it strange to imagine you peeing with such fondness?

xx

Maythongdich.com said...

Maythongdich.com chuyen kinh doanh cac dong may maythongdich