Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Mosquitos...Why? Why? WHY!?

Last night, I thought I'd be a smart cookie and actually get a full night's rest, for work this morning. Yeah, that didn't happen at all...

For the first time in longer than i can recall, I was in bed just before midnight, and to be honest I wasn't even that tired. I was planning on just laying in bed and possibly watching an episode of Full Metal Alchemist on my iriver (which I did) and then simply rest until I fell asleep.
The last time I looked at the time on my mobile it read, 1:33am and I thought.....eh not bad, I usualy go to bed late anyway. I must have fallen asleep not long after that, though for only about ten minutes. Apparently a family of mosquitos had been hiding in my room......waiting.......waiting.....and waiting for the right moment to attack.
Oh, did they ever attack.
I strongly dislike mosquitos. However, they seem to be really like me, or at least just my blood. I'm sure they have no idea what 'me' is.

Anyway, between 1:33am and ten past five in the morning I must have got, at the most, about half an hour's worth of shut eye. By the time five something rolled around I completly snapped at not being able to kill the little blood sucking basterds, that repeatedly assulted my body and went out into the main room.
I threw down a big heavy duvet on the tiled floor, brought out two pillows and a thin blanket and thankfully got a solid three hours of sleep.

I was pretty out of it this morning on the train to work, having not much rest I very reluctantly got out of bed not long before. Actually, when I woke up my eyes were stuck shut with sticky sleep, that persisted well into my MTR ride. I must have looked like I was just dumped by my girlfriend and had been crying for hours past.

Luckily one student that I really wish would never show up to class again, was sick today. As such, my two morning lessons went really well and I felt great. I don't feel so hot now though. I'm starting to get really lathargic, and generally just reluctant to move about very much.

Rob and I were just on break together, and I had to go down to causeway bay to talk to some nutter named Piano. I've worked with her company before (they're a casting agency) and they've gotten me a couple of easy, well paying jobs doing a commercial and a magizine shoot. Anyway, they wanted myself and Rob to do a bit of a profile, which is pretty much us standing in front of some blue backdrop in a white room (big lights shining) saying our name, height, hobby, nationality, and then doing a spin. Fairly easy. Hopefully some more work will come out of it.

Lui Chong Hing is ragingly incompetant. LCH is my chinese bank and I hate them. On numerous occasions they're driven me to the brink of my patience, with their sheer stupidity. I remember one time a few months ago, when it took me over an hour to get them to make me one cheque......a process that should take about five to ten minutes. Anyway, today's ordeal was them not knowing how to deposite a cheque into my regular chequing account. Fools.
Once I get my visa sorted out I'm going to switch banks, and promptly empty my LCH account and give them the finger.
Well....I probably won't flip them the bird, but I'd happily never step foot in any LCH building again for as long as I live.

Tartar
Brendan

No comments: