Friday, November 18, 2005

Dragon i, and Amnesia

We played a show on wednesday night at the Wanch, and for whatever reason I felt great. I was jumping around more than usual and had a great time. We met two fella's staying with our mutual friend/ musician Luke Chow, and I was really impressed with their stuff. All acoustic, up tempo sort of songs...a few originals, and a couple of brilliant covers. One, which I really enjoyed was a cover of Elvis Costello's, Watching the Detectives. Superb.
We played after they did and I suppose things went fairly well because just last night Luke rang me up and asked if we could play a show together.......friday night!
So, I called up the the fella's and I guess we're all ready to play for a good forty minutes tonight, at Amnesia in Central.
This place is literally a two minute walk down the hill from where I am now, which is very very nice.
Right after I got off the phone with Luke, yet another pleasant invitation appeared. Ming gave me ten minutes to get out of the flat and meet him and a few others outside Hong Kong's main vip club, Dragan i.
Normally I wouldn't have a single chance getting into dragon i but seeing as Ming knows the right people it wasn't much a problem.
Lane Crawford was hosting some private party for........something.....i don't actually know. Anywho, the whole thing ended up being free. Naturally, we all left several hours later, drunk.
All I can say really is that it's not my sort of place. There are way too many rich, model types, and aside from private parties the cost of a drink is through the roof, usuall about 60-70 for a glass of wine.
Well, I wish I had more time to go into detail but my breaks nearly over, and it's time to go.

Hopefully everything goes well tonight!
DOUBLETHINKS!!!

brendan

No comments: