Monday, November 21, 2005

I'm eating focaccio!

Well, Friday night's show turned out to be really fun, and it was actually our first paying gig. Seeing as Luke Chow organized the show, all earnings from the door were split equaly between the four groups.
The whole night was chalk full of confusion though. We were among the first to show up, though the guys from natural city were already there, they didn't take any initiative to get anything on stage organized. So, when we got there we had to sort out everything on stage, because all the equipment was completly disorganized. The drum kit particularly, was in three different piles....and that's just what we could find of it... I was pretty surprised that gabe didn't lose his temper at all, seeing as there was no ride stand, one of the tom's had a big hole it in, and during the show, the bass drum keep moving forward.
Anyway, because everything was such a mess we didn't get around to starting our first song til eleven o'clock. Luke looked a bit concerned because everything was so obviously behind schedual, and I'm sure we took a bit too long getting our volumns sorted; considering how unfamiliar we were with amnesia (we had never played there before) I think we did well enough.
I felt badly for Luke because there wasn't much of a turn out, and everything started off later than expected, but these things happen.......and i think it's safe to say that those who did stick around to the end of the night (about 1:30 in the morn') had a great time. Amnesia is a pretty good gig. It looks cool, decked out in black and red, the drinks are cheap enough, and there's actually a large enough stage to swing my bass around on....without knocking out kachun's front teeth.
Generally, friday night was fun. People were relaxed, and patient, which are two good attributes to have in an audience when things aren't going smoothly.

Three cheers for some girl name May as well. She's the first person to ever notice that we stole our name straight from George Orwell's famous novel, 1984. No one else had ever made the connection before.
For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of reading 1984, I highly recommend it.....it's easy to see why it's such a classic, especially when you consider that it was written in 1948.

Saturday's usual overly hectic schedual of back to back lessons was....very surprisingly, Easy.
I can't even remember the last time I had seven lessons pass by with such ease. It's fairly likely though that the only reason they went so well is because, I only have to do it one more time. Oh, how good it feels to say that I'm nearly finished teaching little hyper active, energy draining children.
After an easy day's work I spent much of the night at my mate chris' flat. He's just recently wrangled up a new flat mate, a talented photographer, and all around nice fella, Patrick. Even though the flat wasn't new to Chris, he never did have a house warming party untill Saturday evening. The theme was beach wear, but not many people adhered to that idea at all. Myself, Rob, and Shaun were all showing our sexy white legs with beach shorts and accompanying dress shrits. I opted for a pink scarf and my leapord skin cowboy hat to up the funky ante a bit.
I didn't stay too long. I left with kit ming around one o'clock, as we were both tired and wanted to relax back in central for a while.

Yesterday I was happy to wake up without a hangover, and had a pillow fight with kit ming. Then, i spent the day lazing about, went to lamma with nat and anders, and moved a load more of my stuff from steph's flat. Another easy, great day.

Cheers
Brendan

No comments: