Tuesday, February 21, 2006

toronto tastes better

Well well well.
I had a great weekend at work, full of busy drunks and a load of running about.
Sunday consisted of me waking up far too early at 12:45pm. I was hoping to reach my usual 2pm wake up, but for some reason I awoke early red eyed and drousy. After four conscious hours I went down to the bus station and hoped on the next bus bound for Toronto.
Last night was quite entertaining. Josh and I furnished our stomachs with some delicious indian food. I tried the bindhi korma which I had never had before, and let me tell you, was it ever tasty! The Rich Indian Restaurant on Young definately passes the curry challenge. I may have to go there again today for the ultimate test. Do they make a killer Aloo Ghobi? I sure hope so.
Anywho, josh steph and I hung around at their flat for a while, and after an hour of sitting and chatting we all started to feel a bit fatigued. I brought up the point that I probably wouldn't be able to get to sleep until the early morning unless I got a bit drunk, so mr. josh and I headed off into the freezing fucking cold weather in seach of a good sunday night. Steph had had a long day at work so she was more than content saving her drinking strenght for whatever festivites arise tonight.
I'm rambling at bit...I know.

Well, after a few hours of sleep on steph's yoga mat with a cozy fleece blanket I dragged my sensitive stomach off the floor and out the door. I'm well used to going to sleep at 6am, but I not at all used to waking up so early.
I made it out the door feeling surprisingly alert and healthy and went on my merry way towards my destination.

The whole point of my toroto trip (besides just having fun) was to apply in person for my new birth cert so that I can get a new passport before leaving for hk. I was told by many that I would have to get to the birthcert office no later than seven o'clock if I wanted to get my application through that day. Well I have just one thing to say about their advice.....it sucked. There were only four people ahead of me!!!! Four!!! That's it!! ....idiots.
The office opened exactly at half seven, and I was literally walking out of the front door no later than 7:40am.
Actually I'm not at all bothered by being there so early, because I'm just plain happy that nothing at all went wrong. Plus, on the actual birth cert form it says that it takes five days to recieve your passport, if you have proof that you need that quickly. In fact it only takes three days, which means that I can get my passport sooner, and thus relax.

Beside me now is josh, and to his left in my big sis. We're sitting in a row like we're in a duck shooting game that you play at the carnival. We're off now to grab some grub grub. This morning we were discussing plans to go snowboarding next week. I've never been before and neither has the aussie.
oh baby, it's gonna be gouda.

take care comrades!

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrendan

No comments: