Wednesday, December 21, 2005

RELEASE THE TIGERS!!!



Alright fella's, it looks like we've got some very odd competition.
I was browsing around this, "tinternet" thing and I somehow managed to find another band by the name of, doublethinks. And let me be the first to say...........WOW, lol, they are quite the odd bunch.

Check out a couple of their tunes, and a very memorable photo of the group here.
http://music.download.com/doublethink/3600-8691_32-100082425.html

I'm feeling much more focused today, though incredibly bored. This is the first time since I got home that I actually miss hong kong. I was thinking about hiring a load of the chinese international students in hamilton, and get them to walk in front of me, or push me out of the way as I'm about to step onto the bus........you know.....in the spirit of hk.

I hope you lazy doublethinks buggers have been practicing regularly, because I've been working my fingers off working on my guitar technique. I have yet to lay my hands on a bass guitar, but i've been practicing all the tastey doublethinks licks on my acoustic, the lovely, Ho Wing Ka.

I've hung out with melissa and ana (last years elta's) every so often. Last night Mel and I went down to the Underground to catch a local bands set. The hamilton, Underground, is far fucking superior to the vagabond style one in hong kong. In general the music scene here is going to be the only thing that keeps me alive.

I have to push myself to do any sort of work on my tefl programme. It's at the point now that I'm almost positive that I won't finish it all before I come back to everyone's favourite S.A.R.

My mate alex is back from uni today, so I'm going to give her a ring later and do the whole catching up bit.

I saw a band called, Bad Flirt play at the casbah last thursday and I really enjoyed their set. They weren't a really great band or anything, but they definately have a lot of potential, and some serious staying power. Seeing as the show was at the casbah and it's winter in the hammer, there weren't a tonne of people there, so I was able to hang around and talk with the band for a while afterwards. I've been plugging the doublethinks name quite a lot since I got back home, handing out our tasty little blueman cards very liberally.
Kachun, I can assure you that I'll have none left by the time I get back home to hk, and let me know if you've been getting anymore hits on the site from canada......that way I can know if i've just been wasting my time on lazy computerless buggers or not.

After talking with Bad Flirt for a bit I told them I'd meet them in toronto the next night for their gig at a place called, the bagel. I had no idea who I was going to go with, but I didn't really care. I'm used to traveling on my own, and for the most part during shows I don't talk anyway. So, any awkward moments that might come up during set changes I could just pass with the company of a book and a beer.

Sometime friday afternoon I made plans to meet my friend Holly in oakville for a few preshow drinks, and then we could make our way to TO for the nights musical festivities.
Yeah........that never happened.

Bad Flirt were playing their TO show with a band called Femme Generation, who are a lot of fun, playing a sort of indie dance rock style. I wanted to see FG quite a bit. I was definately in the mood to dance.

Alas, after hanging out at Holly's place for a bit (steadily doing away with a large bottle of red) we both felt too lazy to go anywhere, especially somewhere that we needed to take a couple of bused to get to.

I had a awesome night to oakville with holly cee, drinking wine, beer, and I even saw
two of my old friends matt and andrian. I have a lot of respect for those two jokers. They started dating in highschool and six years later they're still together. I'm not sure which that makes me feel more, frightened or amazed. Probably a healthy mix of both.

I have more to say but I don't think it's incredibly important, and the lovely alexandra just called me! I need to eat something quickly, brush my teeth, and then I'm outta here!!!

www.badflirt.com
www.femmegeneration.com/
http://www.theadambrown.com/


8000miles from my music
brendan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was all happening here a while ago. Lock Down in Wan Chai! Sounds like an album title!
WE ARE THE ONLY DOUBLETHINKS!!!
Grr

Anonymous said...

nice! just like having students named kachun... and quite often, kachun chan.

by the way, say hi to melissa and ana. cheers