Tuesday, August 09, 2005

ring ring

I'm not dead!
In fact, i'm feeling great! I've been having a wonderful time socializing and getting lost in the hk rush during the past few months, so i apologise for the complete and utter lack of updates.

so what's new?
lately, i've been thinking about buying myself a fancy dancy phone card, so that i can actually call some of you folks lost in the wilderness of canada........england........the states......and where ever the hell else you are.

Don't be too surprised if you here my distantly familiar voice yelling down your phoneline during the next couple of days.

It's hot here.............really hot. I've never really liked basking in the sun, or frolicking on the beach too much in the past. But! Due to my remarkably close vacinity to the beautiful powerstation beach on lamma (on the left are beautiful lush rolling green mountains, or the right there's a big fucking power station... hence the name) i've taken a big big liking to the salty water and coarse whitened sand. if any of you chumps are in the area on any given sunday you can find me honning my ever increasing frisbe skills. Feel free to join me in my goal of over taking my minor fear of the great unknown that is the water. Every time I'm out swimming I go out just a little further, and try really freaking hard to push away the thought of sometime creepy, and unfamiliar dragging me under, or heading off with a precious limb. I absolutly love swimming now.

in other news.......

I really want a rabbit. I'll probably buy one this month. They're so cool. I can't wait to just sit at home letting it hop about and sniff at it's new surroundings.

i'm going on a junk (yacht) trip this coming sunday.
that should be fun. I'm sure i'll get really drunk, and swim about in some of the little islands all around hong kong.

i'm going to be moving to sha tin, or tin wai come the start of october. I love lamma, but i'm willing to sacrifice a bit of serenity in order to save a crap load on rent and travel expenses... plus i'll be way closer to kit ming, and there are a lot of job opportunities in the new territories, and right now, i'm way too far south to consider traveling so far north everyday for work.

ming had invited rob and I to the big annual gucci party on sept 2nd. there will be an open bar. we're buying suits. awesome

that's all for now
brendan

No comments: