Monday, August 22, 2005

hey johnbie!!!!!!!

I decided not to buy a rabbit. I figure since I'm never home for very long, that I'd neglect it...... plus I'd have to leave the aircon on all day so it wouldn't die from the heat. I prefere not to use much electricity, and the rabbit would ruin that angle.

Plans are changing constantly. Rob and I are seriously thinking about doing our tefl certs in phuket, thailand come november. The course we're looking at is a full month, housing is supplied, and it's meant to be really challenging, though rewarding. It's a tad on the pricey side though. The course alone costs 12500 HK$, about two grand canadian. On top of the course cost I'll need some money to live for the month, as well as buy my ticket to thailand, and back to HK.
If we actually do end up doing our tefl's then we'ld be laughing in regards to getting better paying, legitimate jobs, that would supply us with work visa's.

After prospective Thailand, I'd stay in HK for about a week and a half, working for a bit of extra dough, and then I'd be back in canada for christmas. Once home, I'll probably have to find a job to earn my fare back to hong kong, which i'm sure would take a couple of months.

Before this whole tefl business came about, I was planning on moving to the new territories to Tai Wai, into a new flat with Rob. We both wouldn't mind having a nice flat, that we could furnish on our own. We found an amazing little furniture shop in ma on shan about a month ago, where they had chairs that looking like giant hands. They were the perfect size, and because one of the chair's fingers runs directly up the centre of where your back would be, they provide posture support. My back is always sore from bending over at little tables all the time, teaching little munchkin children.

A group of us went out drinking saturday, as is the custom, and I ended up breaking my glasses.......................again.
I loved those glasses, they were so comfy, and had swirly brown and white all over them.
I bought a new pair yesterday before I went off to the studio in mong kok. I was in a rush so I picked out a new pair in a few minutes. Now, that I'm actually wearing them, they're just alright looking. I think they're a bit too big in the lense area. I've got a spare set of frames at my flat on lamma, so I'm going to get some lenses made for them, probably this week. I think i've had four pair of glasses in the past two years.........
the funny thing is, is that I've been thinking about laser eye surgery just in the past couple of weeks. Kit ming's sister recommended it too me. She said that she has some friends who've had it done, and it worked really well for them. Perhaps breaking yet another pair of glasses was a sign..

I was at steph and josh's place last night, and we ended up watching, I Heart Huckabee's. I had heard the name before, but never anything about the story line. To anyone who hasn't seen this movie, I definatly recommend it.................it was amazing. Definatly one of the best movies I've seen in a long while.

tiz all for now.
brendan

1 comment:

kachun said...

fyi, i have decided not to get a kitten, cause i don't wanna come home and say, "...that's not how you should play the guitar...!!!!"