Tuesday, April 04, 2006

.Doraemon Takes the Cake.

la la la lawn mower!




Rob and I are going flat hunting again today (whenever he wakes up) and this will likely be the last time we do so. Tai Wai is a fantastic little spot and I can't wait to buy a bike and explore. I've been craving very badly the sensations that make bike riding so wonderful.

Work at interkids is fine and dandy, but I still need way more hours, plus, getting paid monthly always sucks. What's wrong with this city? Why can't they just pay bi-weekly like everywhere else on the planet?

I've been keeping in touch with a lot of people so far this time around. The last two years away I've been pretty much off the map when I came to speaking with anyone back home, but thanks to Gabe's computer I've been doing much better.

Thanks to my sis, steph, I have this crazy idea that growing a big red beard would be awesome. So I'm anxiously waiting for puberty to kick in to fill in a few patchy spots.

Oh yeah! This is hilarious. Thanks to my lovely friend Ming I had the chance to meet Giorgio Armani. Oh yeah........that's right!!
I just assumed the guy was dead, but apparently not.
Myself, Shaun and Rob dressed up a bit and went to this massive armani building in central last wednesday, and lined up with about eighty other people for his book signing of his tour through China.
The book is actually a bit odd, because it's more like a family vacation sort of thing, though the design and photography are fantastic. If you want to buy it it'll set you back $800 hk, or if you'd like a copy that reads,
"Dear Brendan:
Giorgio Armani" (his signature looks nothing like any of the letters in his name)
do let me know.
I seriously plan on selling it on ebay.
I had my photo taken with him. I've got my arm around him, as he does on me, and I've likely got a goofy smile on my face, though I've yet to see the actual photo.
As he was signing the book I stood in front of him. He looked up, I smiled politely, than he looked up again and touched his own ear lobes whilst saying, "very nice" and than flashed me his big weird smile. It's as though he has no upper lip. He smiles and it almost seems as though his top lip is curling under itself. Anyway, I politely said thank you, posed for the camera and went on my way.

All this happened at about one o'clock and whilst waiting in line I managed to drink two glasses of really expensive, incredibly lovely champagne. Then I went to lang kwai fong, had a pint with rob and went home to make some food.
speaking of which....

MUMSY! I miss your readily available food! Can you email me a few recipes.
I'd love to try my increasing culinary skills out on those corn patties, your tofu burgers, plus any sort of soup ideas you have....like your potato and leak soup, or the broccoli one you made before. I tried to make my own risoto yesterday, but ended up making an admittedly delicious curried rice dish instead, because I had no idea how to make risoto such as yours. So, you know what I like Mumsy.

In other news, I've made a few new friends, I've posted a couple of new pure Brendan tracks on my myspace account, my health is in excellent standing and I'm going to see Sigur Ros this friday. Why Sigur Ros are coming to Hong Kong is beyond my understanding, but none the less, I can't fucking wait. I'm sure it's going to be a superb show.

Here's what I've been listening constantly for the past three weeks:

My Morning Jacket
Emilyn Brodsky
Neutral Milk Hotel
Canada
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Iron and Wine
You Say Party! We Say Die!
Sufjan Stevens
Mogwai (The new album, Mr Beast, is incredible.....buy it!)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs ('Show Your Bones' is a solid record. It makes for great music during dismal train rides)

Well, that turned out to be much longer than I expected.

LINKS GALORE!!
My myspace profile
The Doublethinks official site
No Terra Incognita: My music with Peter Wilson
Emilyn Brodsky's music
Canada's music

thank you and good night
.brendan the geek.

No comments: