Monday, October 31, 2005

What to do, what to do

Well, I've only a month left before I say goodbye to hong kong, kit ming, and doublethinks, and I'm not sure if I can handle it..... 'it' of course refers to the unbelievebly cold weather that canada has to offer.
I'm really excited to come home for a bit. I've been in hk now for a straight year, and though it's been great, there's just nothing that compares with a nice homecooked meal and spending christmas with friends and family.

Josh, Alexandra, Annie, Cj, Lauren, and everyone else back home......I request a snowball fight!!! It's been ages since I've been knocked over at just the right angle, that pushes snow down between waistline and skin. Oh the good times!

I've been a complete geek lately, having discovered my love of comic books (rather Menga). So far i've bought the first three menga's of my all time favourite anime, called Full Metal Alchemist. It's such a great series, and now the original comics have started being translated into english. Just an hour ago, rob and I were in Page One in Cental and I had to battle with myself as to whether I should blow a hundred bucks on a new comic or an actual book.
This time I'm happy to say that I went for the slightly more intellectually involved route. I picked up a great new book called 'Freedom' by Osho. Though I've only read a few random bits of it when I was in the shop, I think it'll be a great read. Steph picked up a couple of other books from the same author, and she seemed to enjoy him quite a bit.

The usual studio was booked up during our habitual sunday practice this week. Luckily, Anders managed to find a new place for us, and it turned out to be a great little place. It was on 18th floor of a commercial building in Mong Kok....not too far from the other one. On two sides of the studio we were surrounded by windows, and all around us was some serious looking gear. All of this was in a lovely white room with hardwood floors, which provided a great environment for us. It was a nice switch. We managed to work out some kinks with a few new and old songs, and we ran through the set list for our upcoming show as well. In all, we've got a good show ahead of us. We've broken the set down into three chapters according to the energy level of the music, and having to switch instruments a bit.

Chapter One:
yellow ruby
di don
could have been
riddles on sale

Chapter Two:
Piano Song( I can't remember the translation of the title from chinese)
Ocean Music

Chapter Three:
Rubber Band
How Long
Sleeping Elephants

Generally a good mix of stuff
And now it's time to teach one last lesson.
Happy Halloween

Brendan

1 comment:

asenetpro said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

This is a posting promoting music related info on my site america association industry recording site/blog. It pretty much covers recording related stuff. my site is free for all to list their event post classified ad and to just post forum for hard to find info and many other thing music related. So if you are a dj, musician, producer, manager, engineer, artist, singer, dancer or have anything music related please visit my site and join to post all your info

Joining is free for all list your site plus more

america association industry recording