Friday, March 25, 2005

Drinky fun

Myself, Rob, Rod, and Fiona have made a wonderful discovery! We happened upon a new 'All you can Drink' bar!!!!! It's pretty much the same price as the Woodstone in Causeway, only this place is in Mong Kok, so, it's within staggering distance from our flat.
The four of us were looking for a nice relaxing environment to chat, and generally catch up, in Mong Kok this week. We checked out a few odd cafe's in one building, and decided to start from the top and work our way down the 25 story commercial centre. Well, on the highest floor we found the lovely Dundas pub and cafe.
I think a bunch of peeps should be heading there this saturday, but I'm not sure if i'll be up for it. I've had a nasty headache for nearly a week now, that only today has subsided somewhat. Last Saturday at the woodstone a fairly decent crowd turned out, but my head was pounding so much that I didn't really drink, thus was a bit more quiet than usual.

Sunday night I was feeling considerably better, especially since I didn't have a hang over, so, Anders, Shaun, Gabe, Sally, Rod, Rob, and I all headed out to Shek O beach. We were all meant to meet early that day, but due to the previous night's activities we didn't end up actually getting to the beach 'til about half seven. With bongo's and guitar's in hand (plus a ceremonious beer) we spent the night surrounded by sand, mountians and the sea. It was so enjoyable in fact, that right after work the next day, myself and Rob met Anders at the bus station in Shau Kei Wan and we did it all over again. Monday however, was a bit rainy, but we didn't mind.
Oh yeah, hahaha....... I was nearly sick that night from a sudden urge to race up and down the beach about four times. We had, of course, a few beers in us at this point, when I stood up and asked Anders if he wanted to race. He didn't seem to have any objections. So, after rolling up our pant legs we counted to three and tore ass like a grade 8 track meet. I actually had a lot of fun running to the point of exhaustion, but after I had settled back down a bit I was completly over come with a feeling of nausia. Literally for about the next forty minutes I was lying down gripping my stomach, with my head over a considerably deep hole in the sand, that rob and I had dug for the perpose of vomiting. Thankfully though, the feeling did go away without my having to Chunks-ahoy in the sand. I did ope for saving the rest of our beer for another occasion though, which was a smart idea.

Now for some work news! Yeah fun! Rob and I came into work a couple on monday's ago, and to our surprise there were stuffed animals floating across the floor. Yes, nothing says fun, like spending the day moving furniture in sopping wet shoes, because of a burst water tank. At first it was fairly amusing that there were four inches of water spreading across the entire school, thus knocking out all the computers, destroying all the carpeting, and killing off quite a few stuffed toys, but after a while I just felt tired and wet. I had to take apart Haddy's desk (one of my bosses) and it took so freaking long. Seriously, that thing was mammothly heavy. For the next week after that I had a sore back, and a stiff neck...... which probably has something to do with my reaccuring head ache.

....................................................................
Alright! We hit up the ol' Dundas Pub and Cafe last night, and it was awesome! Great View, cheap beer, the dice game, and jenga! What more could anyone want.
I don't usualy go out Friday night, as I work all day Saturday, but somehow my entire flat and I got the impression that it was Anders' birthday.
we sang happy birthday to anders when we met him in mong kok, and I guess he just thought it was a joke or something, because later on when Gabe and Sally came to the bar we discovered our extreme idiocy. It wasn't Anders' Birthday at all!!!!!!! IT WAS IN DECEMBER!!!!!!!!! Oh man, we're idiots. LOL, oh well, I had a great night at the new local, and I may head back there tonight.

Well, that's all for now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!