Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mango Banana Pear!

Listening to the Weakerthans at work, with their friendly simple chords and playful measuring cups of words, I'm enjoying my tasty fruit salad. For years I never really ate too much fruit and as a vegetarian that's obviously not a very wise thing to leave out of my diet. I never really craved fruit before, but over the last few months it's been on my mind more and more, to the point now that I've drempt of picking my own in Australia.
Somewhere outside Melbourne I'll be doing just that, thanks to an australian mate I work with here at Interkids. I'll live first with my sister and her boyfriend Josh in Melbourne until summer sprouts it's hot renewing lease for all those lovely apples, strawberries, olives and grapes of my dreams.
I'm busy now with Australian Immigration in HK trying to sort out a referal letter so that I can have my required chest x-ray as soon as possible. Ozzy land makes anyone who has spent more than three months in HK to get one because of the heavy air pollution. I've been told before that a day in Hong Kong is about the same as smoking 8 cigarettes. That's an average I'll be very happy to leave behind.

This chest x-ray will probably add an extra month to my oz visa application. So, I'm a bit worried that it won't clear before I'm meant to be kicked out of HK, on the 24th or September. My plan is now to buy a ticket to Australia for the 24th and then when my good friend Alex is here we can take a hastle free trip to either Shenzhen or Macau. With my ticket in hand I'll show immigration that 'yes!' I am in fact leaving this wonderful land. Then they'll happily stamp me with the usual three month tourist visa stamp, putting my new kick out date somewhere in November. I wouldn't stay nearly so long of course, I'll probably just need a couple of extra weeks. After this prefectly planned trip I'd swallow whatever charge the airline throws at me so as to change my australian ticket to a later date.
I think it'll work.
I'll be one hell of a happy fella when I don't have immigration bearing in my mind.

oh yeah. I bought some proper runners yesterday and went for my first run since highschool. It was gruelling and wonderful. I may have to do it again tonight.

back to work.
take care all!
bebs

No comments: